30 Jan 2015

Indian man painted in acrylics.


I really rather like my Indian man painted in acrylics.

In a past life I was a much respected Indian trader, 
so much so that I was given an Indian name
but unfortunately the Shaman was not able to hear it clearly.
I was savagely killed by the jealous white traders; 
I knew the shape of the spear that went into my side. 
The priest denied me the last rights as I was deemed a heathen for respecting the Indians. 
In another past life I was Chief Joseph's brother and I died on the Trail of Tears –
this was an emotional experience for me as I just burst into tears in a spiritual shop
while listening to the background music they were playing. 
As they were Shaman they travelled for me and found that my soul had found its rest
even though the situation suggested that this was not possible.

I used to live in Colorado Springs and the Indians of that area were The Utes.
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Ute people /ˈjuːt/ are an indigenous people of the Great Basin, now living primarily in Utah and Colorado. There are three Ute tribal reservations: Uintah-Ouray in northeastern Utah (3,500 members); Southern Ute in Colorado (1,500 members); and Ute Mountain which primarily lies in Colorado, but extends to Utah and New Mexico (2,000 members). The name of the state of Utah was derived from the name Ute. The word Ute means "Land of the sun" in their language.[3] "Ute" possibly derived from the Western Apache word "yudah", meaning "high up". This has led to the misconception that "Ute" means people high up or mountain people.

Chief Severo and family, ca. 1899


No comments: